dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Guest Baker: WHAT A HOOT!

Once upon a time my aunt and I were supposed to take a cake decorating course.  It was going to take our skills to the next level.  But we live in a hick town which, to quote my aunt, isn't worthy of a  Williams Sonoma.  And no one else signed up, so the course was cancelled.  But then I showed up at my aunt's house for a birthday dinner and this amazingness was waiting for me:
 I'm not sure there is anything left to learn......


 Such a big cake that we only managed to eat half of it. It was a sweet piece of ass.
 Also!  Not the first owl cake baked for me!  Birthday cake my mom made in 2009:


Um, my only attempt at making a bird cake. 

The beak is the best part.

Sometimes the apple falls a long way from the tree......

0 comments:

Post a Comment