dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

baking on the brain

This Hallowe’en, inspired by this post on She Knows, I decided to make little edible brains.  I followed the original concept pretty closely – white chocolate brains filled with cake balls and a red glaze, changing up the cherry jam for a home-made raspberry coulis, and dying my cake grey for truly grey “grey matter.”
Grey cake:
 
Er, I left some frozen raspberries to thaw overnight to make the coulis, and woke up to find what looked like a massacre.  Kind of fitting for bloody brain construction:
Brains:
Blood:
Final products – the damaged ones were even better. This was my kind of project.
Other Hallowe’en sweet treats included owl cookies:
 
Stencilled cake:

Ghost meringues:
 
Sugar cookies:


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment