dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Whole Lotta Love

I love Lotta Jansdotter's work.  I have her work stencilled in my kitchen and bathroom.  And a lot of my snail mail is sent with her stickers, in her envelopes. I have her framed postcards up on my wall. Her designs are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.  When I found out that she had a CAKE STAND, I knew that I had to have it.  Even though shipping to Canada was more than the cost of the stand.  And even though my apartment is quickly running out of storage space.  Some things you are meant to have.

Even prettier with a cute little cake on it:


The shipping provider and I have very different opinions on what are considered "convenient" pick-up location and times.  But rather than fight with them, or make a pilgrimage an hour outside of town, I had the parcel redirected to a friend's house, where it could be dropped on the front porch instead of held hostage at the postage centre.  For his trouble and the use of his front porch, I made my friend a little thank you cake:


1 comment:

  1. And it was delicious! Please have all your mail directed to my place if this is the end result!

    ReplyDelete