dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Promised Land

I need to talk to you about something amazing.  Something life changing.  Something so profound, that it may alter how you feel about food forever.  You may never be able to enjoy a coffee shop doughnut or a generic chocolate bar again.  What I'm talking about is cookie dough cream pie. 

This genius invention comes from the folks at Love & Olive Oil and incorporates their cookie dough truffle recipe into a cream pie.  Because WHY NOT?  I have made the cookie dough truffles on a few occasions, including Easter;
 
 and Pal-entine's Day:
My co-workers refer to this treat as "crack" and asked me to stop bringing them into work, because where these truffles are concerned, self-control is nowhere to be found.


I am not sure that words can do the pie adaptation justice. The photos come close.  But if you live in Ottawa, you should come over and get a piece.....





2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?! My question is: what's the layer after the cookie dough and before the creamy (whip cream?) top? I need more details if I'm going to fantasize about this from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meridith

    it's a cooked creamy brown sugar/egg/butter/vanilla/milk mixture. wish i could teleport you here.

    ReplyDelete