dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Bee's Knees

Last month Williams-Sonoma started carrying a Honeycomb Cake Pan. It looked glorious. Unfortunately, the backwater town I live in does not have a place of worship Williams-Sonoma store and I thought I was doomed to scour the ends of the Internet to track one down. Luckily my brother was coming to visit and driving through Toronto and he sweetly made an emergency pit stop to pick up my pan.
Today I finally got a chance to take the cake pan for a test run. The honey cake recipe on the packaging didn't really appeal to me. But Ezra Pound Cake's adaptation of Paula Dean's Brown Sugar Pound Cake sure as hell did.

I realized half way through that the cake takes two hours to bake. Apparently I will never learn to read all the way through a recipe before getting started. Luckily my friend Sarah was over to help with the cake and craft while it baked. The wait was definitely worth it:



We were too impatient to wait for the cake to cool down before trying it, so I don't know about the "pull apart" feature. But I can say that adding a caramel glaze was a total success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment