dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cream Egg Cupcakes

I either need a kitchen scale, or I should never again attempt a recipe which only gives measurements in weights.  Inspired by this recipe on Sweet Cherrie Pie last week, Rushika and I attempted to make Cadbury Creme Egg cupcakes this afternoon.  But something went horribly wrong, and this is what our first attempt looked like:

A liquidy, spilling over mess.  At least it didn't set the kitchen on fire. 

We started over with Martha Stewart's Devil's Food Cupcakes, which were much more successful. Once cooled, we scooped out space for the creme egg filling.


Because I wasn't too into the idea of making something called "curd" we used the recipe from Instructables Homemade Cadbury Creme Eggs.



AMAZING.

3 comments:

  1. This is my sweet-food dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about (and see?) this most fabulous of recent baking adventures.
    -from an awesome work colleague

    ReplyDelete