dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One of These Things Is Not Like the Other

So, while nursing a back injury, I have spent a lot of quality time lying on my floor. One of the things I amused myself with was researching cake pans. They are starting to trickle in from across the world now, which is all very exciting. But something went horribly awry with my Bavaria cake pan. Made by Nordic Ware, this cake pan is a thing of artistic beauty. It's featured in All Cakes Considered and I was daydreaming of the art deco cakes I was going to bake with it. Here is what I ordered:
When I picked it up from the post office last week, something seemed little off about the dimensions of the box. When I opened it up, this helaciousness is what I found:

Ummmmm, what? After emailing the company, I was informed "Looks like shipping made a mistake on the item sent to you. The Bavarian bundt pan is sold out and they accidentally packaged this item because it looks similar."

Oh. Hells. No. On what planet do these two cake pans look alike???????? One is a piece of art, the other will be making fruit jellos a la 1950.

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. Since you have the hideous pan, you probably need to make a jello salad. Or I could find some insane midwestern recipes for you. For example, at Thanksgiving it's traditional to make a sweet yam dish that's just covered in marshmallows. I'm sure there are many recipes that call for an ugly mold.

    Here is my favorite non-bundt sweet recipe, which I believe is midwestern in origin: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/puppy-chow/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meridith

    so many amazing possibilities. i'm thinking i will start with a meatloaf...

    ReplyDelete